Sakina Hospital has a well-equipped ultra-modern laboratory that produces accurate medical diagnostics and expert medical interpretation of specimen.
- To provide precise and quality diagnostics that are useful in the treatment and best care of patients at an affordable price.
- To use a small amount of sample to carry out the investigations, ensuring patient safety and comfort.
- Rapid turnaround period and timely dispatch of laboratory reports.
- Excellent client relations at all times.
- Our Laboratory team consists of doctors, pathologists, lab technologists, lab assistants, microbiologists, and secretaries all working together to ensure patients receive accurate diagnostics for their treatment.
- All of our staff are knowledgeable and skilled professional capable of handing sophisticated equipment to produce accurate results.
- The staff are mandated to attend continuous education programs and trainings to ensure they are at par with international and local laboratory standards.
- Our laboratory certified by the Kenya Medical Laboratory and Technologists Board.
- It is equipped with sophisticated laboratory equipment capable of providing a wide range of accurate laboratory investigations necessary for patients well-being.
- Provide services 24 hours a day.
- Our prices are regularized and don’t change over time.
The Department carries out the following specialized functions:
- Microbiology: diagnostic services regarding bacteriology, virology, parasitology, immunology and serology. These services vary from routine cultures to molecular diagnostic testing.
- Chemistry: This investigates the various compounds of the elements as they relate to the human body. Common tests analyzed in the chemistry laboratory are glucose, cholesterol, liver and heart enzymes, etc.
- Hematology: The unit studies blood, classifying blood cells into different categories.
- Blood Donation: Provides blood transfusion services to provide patients with red cells, plasma, cryoprecipitate, or platelets.
- Immunology: Deals with immunity such as antibodies produced by the body in response to foreign materials.
- Pathology: Deals with the essential nature of diseases, especially the structural and functional changes in tissues and organs of the body, which cause or are caused by diseases.
- Cytology: Examined human cells under the microscope.